Not your ordinary cliche

Definitely Unique

Have you experienced reading a book or a newspaper and then while you are reading your eyes glimpse on this long quote italicized between two pairs of quotation marks and while you're reading the quote, you'll say "Hey! that's from my favorite movie, Citizen's Kane!". That usually happens to me not just by reading but also from tv shows, people's shirt, and on the radio perhaps.

Movie quotes reminds us of the best movies we watched and for me, a good movie is incomplete without a cool or rare quote. It is the essential memory of the good old days that we watch that movie and to image the movie character in our minds. Here are my top five movie quotes.




5.) "
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. "
- Tony "Scarface" Montana




You bet! it's from Scarface (1983) directed by Brian De Palma. It's the story of Tony Montana, a Cuban exile who wants to live the American Dream. For Tony Montana, life is tough in Miami that's why he explained it to Manny, his best friend, how things work in America. The quote is funny because how he said it in the movie is like an exaggerated joke but later in the movie, you will see how he really is serious on what he say. Tony's quotes are priceless like he said "This is paradise, I'm tellin' ya. This town like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked". My laugh was priceless. Still, out of all Tony's quotes, above is my favorite.






4.) "
Tonight, we dine in Hell!!"
- King Leonidas


It's from 300(2007). Need I say more? It's all about the brave Spartans who defend their precious lands from the abusive persians lead by Xerxes. The quote was staright forward nonetheless it shows pure braveness, anger, and devotion. Spartans are not afraid of anything and they are born to fight therefore the quote sums it all up.









3.) "
Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred"
- James Bond

Unlike the widely known Bond quote which is "(My name is) Bond, James Bond", this one is not memorable for non James Bond fans but for the fans, Vodka Martini is equal to James Bond. It is always associated to our favorite spy and I think Bond ordered a Vodka Martini to all Bond movies. It may not be as famous as the known quote but everytime I am in a bar, it's more interesting to say this to the bartender.









2.) "
One shall stand, One shall fall!"
- Optimus Prime





Damn! it was the final confrontation of Optimus Prime and Megatron . From the 1986 movie of Transformers, definitely it's a masterpiece. The movie was a continuation of the animated series and this is the time where Optimus Prime raged from the autobot base to face Megatron to end it all. That was intense because you will feel from Prime's voice that this is gonna be it! Megatron's going down! It was like Gouku versus Freeza or no its Neo versus agent smith or maybe Ryu versus Akuma. I don't know it's everything the world waited. I just don't want to spoil and definitely this quote rocks!





1.) "
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"
-Forrest Gump

If you haven't watched Forrest Gump, then you missed the half of your life. It's one of the best movies I ever watched and I don't mind if I watch it over and over because the movie is never tired of giving me laughs, inspiration, and tears. Whenever you hear this, oh it's Forrest Gump and I know most of you know it. If you have'nt watched it yet, then search your family's movie collection after reading this. The quote is actually funny and it is the main structure of the movie. To understand what I am saying, watch Forrest Gump now!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Master Mind

My photo
Sana ay masiyahan kayo sa paghatid ko sa inyo ng aking walang saysay at minsan naman ay may saysay na karansan ng aking buhay.

Want to say something?

Follow me